Thank you for contacting us about our open job position! We would like to share some more detailed information about the current position and its potential for growth, as well as some more information about the Theano concept.
“Theano Vegan Greek & Mediterranean Cuisine” is an All-Vegan concept, founded by husband and wife team Chris and Cheryl. The menu premise is centered around popular Greek dishes, plus common offerings from around the Mediterranean region.
We are currently looking to hire someone for one position, preferably full time, with duties listed below. Pay rate would be based on experience level, but will be competitive.
Duties would initially include:
- Light Food Prep
- Line Cook / Plate Prep
- Dish Washing and Typical Shift Cleanup
- Customer Service – Ordering and Fulfillment
Primary requirements are fairly straightforward.
- Must be legal to work
- Valid TX Food Handler’s Permit (or FSM Permit)
- Excellent people skills and maintain good appearance
- Good work ethic, honest, reliable (including reliable transportation)
- Commitment to the team and the concept, willing to grow with us (not just using the job to get by)
- Weekends are mandatory (as with almost all food/hospitality industry jobs)
- Note – Although we would prefer to hire a Vegan applicant, it’s not mandatory
What to expect from us:
- Fun, low-drama work environment (we’re quirky, real people, not corporate!)
- Open to input (we’re still tweaking the flow, so your input is vital!)
- Hands on training for all tasks (we won’t just throw you to the wolves)
- Fair wage, and benefits options in the future
- Room for growth and promotion as we grow the brand (which is happening fast)!
Things to keep in mind:
- This is currently a Food Truck! Tight spaces, and it can get very hot in the summer, even with the A/C, fans, and hood system running! That being said, it can be amazing in the fall and spring…
- Small staff. That means if it gets busy, you might really be jumping over each other to get things done, working more than one station for a while, and not having any backup until everything is caught up.
- Schedule changes and last minute call-outs (except for illness) can be very difficult to facilitate.
- We are a hands-on concept, and there is a lot of food prep. Even if it’s not “busy,” you will probably be busy!
- Reiterating that weekends are mandatory – that’s the busiest time for most food service businesses!
- Important – This isn’t a position for someone just looking to get by until another opportunity arises. We’re looking for someone that’s interested in growing with us for the long term, and possibly taking the reins on much more responsibility in the future! – Theano is really taking off, and there are big changes on the horizon. We want someone that can commit to helping bring those changes about!
Still think this is a good fit for you?? We hope so!
As per the “resume” we would have requested in your email reply, it can be very informal, nothing “official” like you would send to a corporate office! You can send as an attachment or just type up a simple email! General information we’re interested in would included:
- Work history both in the food industry and out (and any details you think would be important)
- General education info (college degree is NOT required for this!)
- Potential start date (we’re looking to fill the position fairly soon, as business is picking up)
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Veg-curious, or omni? Not required by any means, but feel free to share (not a job requirement, although being we’re upfront that we would prefer to hire a Vegan applicant if all other criteria are equal)
- Write up a paragraph on why you would want to work with us, and why you think you would be a great fit! Be creative, but please be HONEST!
That’s about it! We will also have a formal application and all the fun paperwork you would expect, but this is all we need for now! We hope to hear from you soon, and again, Thank You for getting in touch with us!